Saturday, May 1, 2010

i should be getting used to these kind of treatments people do to me.

is because im too weak;
when all i all tried to was give my best,
to do good?
is it because people see me as the selfish bitch,
who tries to do everything,
cos she wants all the credit to herself?

or is it just plainly because,
with my physical being,
my humble background,
my simple mindset,
that doesn't deserve their respect
not even a glance at?

cos honestly...
this is what i see.

i see the world

giving
being kind in the most unusual times

allowing sweat, blood and tears to fall,
just so we can wipe them off & be stronger

smiling and laughing
from simple joys in life
like licking Popsicles
like having babies holding your thumb
like texting little hearts to your loved ones

sharing
no matter what little they have

respecting
even the worst enemies
cos they deserve it
cos they've worked just as hard (& maybe even more)
cos they've been through what you haven't

listening
to words unspoken
beneath all that cries under the eyes
beneath all that silence after violence
beneath all that loud cheerful laughters of ever-afters


why do people judge before comprehending
why do people quit before trying
why do people hate before loving
why do people cry before laughing



why don't they give me a chance?
i'm not the loud, laughing bimbo you all make me out to be.
i just think, you should know me better.
after all these years.
after all the pains and favours ive taken on.
don't i deserve that speck of respect from you?


what more sacrifice?
what more hurt?
what more dignity?


sure i can be better. and i am. but you don't know that. cos from the very beginning, you've decided i'm shit and in your golden angelic eyes, that's what i am for the rest of our lives.

No comments: